One side without hair?

Welcome!! Which treatements you have tried? Share your experience.

One side without hair?

Postby RobertRyhco » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:25 am

Good Morning!
I'm 19 and I got really scare last week when I detect that one side of my hair has less hair than the other...
I fact, I notice that my hair is thinner on the left side (the side with less hair) than the right one...
I read about Alopecia and I decide to run to the doctor.
He told me that I will have to do some check-ups and then he's going to give me some treatment to take care of it.
Is't it weird that I have less hair in one side? I read about the types of Alopecia and I didn't find a type with one side off-hair...

Anyway today I found a cause in yahoo with the same problem (or similar) So I decide to post my experience in here for those who are in a similar situation...

Never thought that I was going to be concern about this but here I am!
in my bad hair day... :D
RobertRyhco

Re: One side without hair?

Postby Gaston » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Robert and welcome!
Your decision to visit the doctor was the best one to take.
When I read about it I called a friend to talk about your case 'cause I never hear about it before.
He told me that even if it's rare, it can happen.
It's important to make some checkups 'cause even if it can be a "normal" case of hair loss... It can be a product of a stroke, some problems with blood flow, or a TIA (Transient ischemic attack) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack

Let us know!
Gaston

Re: One side without hair?

Postby RobertRyhco » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 pm

I pass over a couple of checkups and they didn't found anything unusual... I notice than one side of my scalp have thinner hair than the other but the dermatologist told me that it's just my impression about it... Apparently I have some patches and I can see one on my front left side and the other one is on my back right side... that I didn't notice...
I'm with Minoxidil now twice a day and I can tell you that even if I'm using it since not so long ago things are getting better.
Thankfully I don't have anything like TIA, etc. but apparently was a concern of my doctor since the beginning because of the type of studies I've been thru.
in my bad hair day... :D
RobertRyhco

Return to Presentations / Your alopecia history - Men